Friday, January 4, 2008

a little blue - journey through uttarakhand, chapter two


The journey from Kathgodam to Ranikhet was littered with stray thoughts of home. And the people who used to inhabit it. The distance was overwhelming. I was longing for a conversation. As if on cue, the driver launched into a detailed geographical account of our surroundings. Peppered with local myth. I kept quiet and stared out of the window for the remainder of the journey.


En route to Ranikhet from Kathgodam. Just after sunrise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? So beautiful I can't even handle it. Thinking of my father and the bus to Almora and beyond. When I come back to India, where will we find you?

phish said...

chrispito - find me here. just leave a note. that should be enough. almora is busier than ever. the lonelier places in and around it are getting warmer. but early in the morning, they forget the rest of the world. and this is how they look.

Narcolepsy said...

Aboslutely sublime, kind of makes us realise how utterly insignifcant we are in the wide sphere of things. So wish I was there, the cold touch of dew laced grass, the sharp damp air filling up my tar stained lungs like a panacea of the soul, and of course losing myself in the serenity of it all...divine. thanks bro for making me forget harsh relaise of the urban grid for a moment.

phish said...

narcolepsy - am i the only one who find you funny. panacea of the soul. man. u rock.