Monday, January 7, 2008

life lines - a journey through uttarakhand, # 6

I forget my name. Yeah, it's.. Joshi. Devidutt Joshi. I take care of this Forest Guest House. For years now. What? You need a heater..? Sorry. The fuse is shot. I can light a fire though. In my hut. If you are interested. Er...you are hungry? Food is out. My neighbour killed a lamb today. I cooked some stew. And will be more than happy to share it with you. Uh...is that a camera? Will you take a photograph..? It's for my daughter.

Thank you.

Devidutt Joshi is the caretaker at the Forest Guest House in Kausani. He lives alone and complains about the apathetic forest dept. He smokes a lot. He talks a lot. And is very concerned about global warming.

12 comments:

Gauri Gharpure said...

wondering how the pic will reach devi dutt's daughter... hmmm...

phish said...

it has but already been dispatched :)

kimananda said...

This is my favorite from this set. :-)

B said...

This is my favorite picture...his eyes are so clear..they move me...beautiful..words and images..how are you still single?!

phish said...

kimananda - it is but quite a favourite of people. thanks for dropping in.

BG - words and images, alas are not enough. but whatever gave you the idea i was single? dang!

B said...

Heh..my bad.

phish said...

i am, actually. just wondering how that is so apparent.

B said...

Not rocket science, mon ami...guessing something like that about a person..it's pretty apparent from the other posts in your blog..great conversation..great escape..you reveal a lot through your writing:)

B said...

How about that! I couldn't ignore my blog any longer..I think it was totally miffed at me..and after seeing your blogs..thought I'd add some colour to mine..just need to get a good camera to take my own pix..denk you berry berry much..

phish said...

bg - pretty elementary, wasn't it? i am glad you like dropping in. though i dont really know what it does to me, the fact that i revela such a lot might not be such a good thing. congratulations on the restart. do good.

Zorba said...

more power to your balancing acts on verbovisual tightropes that you find everywhere. . .


Z

Rajarshi Basu said...

I like.